Styles are a significant feature in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R. However, unlike other fighting games that let players choose a groove, like Capcom Vs. SNK, ASBR's Styles are character-specific. Since most characters in the manga series have Stands, their fighting Style follows suit.
However, as you delve deeper into the game's cast, you'll notice their styles become more niche. Hamon and Mounted Styles are two examples. However, some styles pertain to single characters or at least a small number. So, we decided to look at these Unique Styles, break down their abilities, and cover some strategies for using them.
The Pillar Men use Mode-Style, which allows them to switch to a mode that enhances their attacks and skills. However, while a Mode is activated, the Pillar Men's H.H. Gauge does not fill. This style requires a heightened sense of resource management.
Characters Who Use This Style
|Battle Tendency||Esidisi||Mode: Heat Control||Enhanced Mode: The Burning King|
|Wamuu||Mode: Wind Mode||Enhanced Mode: Vapor Barrier|
|Kars||Mode: Light Mode||Enhanced Mode: Brilliant Bone Blades|
Modes enhance your character's abilities but lock your H.H. Gauge while in effect. In turn, they can get canceled manually by pressing the Style Button. However, Modes also cancel themselves after your character gets downed or uses an H.H.A.
Each Mode has two levels of power:
- Base Mode [Style Button]: Lower-level enhancements with no H.H. Gauge cost.
- Enhanced Mode [⬇️⬇️ + Style Button]: Higher-level enhancements at the cost of one bar of H.H. Gauge.
Tips For Mode Style
- Build H.H. Gauge Before Activating A Mode: Since you can't build H.H. Gauge while a Mode is in effect, you should take some time to build your H.H. Gauge before switching it on. This way, you'll have more strategies available.
- Make Sure You Have An Attack Opening Before Activating A Mode: Modes get inactivated once your character gets downed. Therefore, turning a Mode on while your character is vulnerable is not the best option. Instead, you're better off activating a Mode after hit-confirming with a Chain Beat to get the most out of your offensive potencies.
Vampiric-Style allows specific characters to drain health and H.H. Gauge from opponents. While Dio Brando is the only character labeled as a Vampiric character, other characters in ASBR can also use Vampiric skills. Unfortunately, while vampires have advantageous abilities, they are weak in match-ups against Hamon characters.
Characters Who Use This Style
|Phantom Blood||Dio Brando|
|Stardust Crusaders||Cool Ice|
Vampiric skills vary between characters. However, these skills express themselves as command grabs that drain an opponent's health or H.H. gauge. Here are the Vampiric skills for each character:
|Dio Brando|| |
|Cool Ice|| |
Tips For Vampirism Style
- Make Your Vampiric Attacks Hard To Predict: Since vampiric attacks are command grabs, they're unblockable. However, your opponent can still perform a tech throw and escape if they can see your attack coming. Therefore, landing a vampiric attack is paramount when your opponent is not expecting it.
- Mind Your Match-Ups: Vampiric characters have clear advantages and weaknesses. For instance, DIO from Stardust Crusaders has a vampiric attack that is extra effective on Joestars. However, Hamon-infused skills from characters like Lisa Lisa or Jonathan Joestar deal extra damage to vampiric foes. So, you'll have to construct strategies for both advantageous and disadvantageous match-ups.
Ogre Street Style
Robert E.O. Speedwagon's Ogre Street-Style gives Speedwagon two partners that assist alongside him. Each partner lends specific skills, and certain attacks allow partners to switch in and out instantaneously.
- Ogre Street Modes (Tattoo and The Asian): Pressing the Style Button switches between Speedwagon's two partners, Tattoo and The Asian. Each partner lends different skills that can only get executed while they are at Speedwagon's back and facing the same direction as him.
- Ogre Street Mode Quick Change: Additionally, during the skills "He smells worse than vomit!" and "This guy reeks!" you can spend half a bar of H.H. gauge to cancel the current attack and quickly swap partners. This skill activates with the Style Button, similar to Quick Stand ON and Quick Mount.
Tips For Ogre Street Style
- Quick Change Skills Make Your Partner Swaps Safer And Less Predictable: Both unique skills that can trigger a Quick Change are roundhouse kicks that send your opponent flying. Therefore, as long as the attack lands, your opponent cannot counter and inhibit you from switching partners. This protection makes the .5 H.H. bar cost of the skill worth the price.
- "Don't Try To Bluff, You Rich Little Snot!" Is Excellent For Trapping Opponents: During this skill, Speedwagon takes off his razor-brimmed hat and throws it at the opponent. Even if your opponent dodges the hat when it comes toward them, they are vulnerable to an attack from behind when the hat travels back to you. Keep in mind, however, that you are vulnerable to attack while the hat is in play.
Bro And Mammoni Style
Bro And Mammoni-Style is a dual style used by Prosciutto and Pesci. First, in User Mode, Prosciutto fights directly with assistance from Pesci and his Stand, Fisher Man. Then, in Stand Mode, Prosciutto can attack opponents with his Stand, Thankful Death, inhibiting their abilities with advanced aging.
- Bro And Mammoni: The Bro and Mammoni system is identical to the Stand/User Mode duality. The unique feature, in this case, is that each Mode switches between two Stands.
- In User Mode, Prosciutto gains assistance from his brother Pesci. Pesci's Stand, Fisher Man, is a fishing rod that can trap and reel in opponents from a distance. These skills are excellent for zoning, executing launchers, and extending combos.
- In Stand Mode, Prosciutto attacks opponents with Thankful Death. Furthermore, Thankful Death's skills advance the opponent's age, disabling several of their skills.
- Aging Scale: The Aging Gauge indicates how fast your opponent's age accelerates. You can raise the Aging Gauge with attacks like "We're in it to the end!" and "Direct contact is fastest." Landing an H.H.A. raises an opponent's aging level to MAX. Without direct pressure, the Aging Gauge gradually depletes. When the gauge empties, the Aging level reverts to zero. Additionally, the Aging level drops by one when Prosciutto gets downed and drops to zero if he gets hit with an opponent's GHA.
- The Aging Gauge has three levels with specific effects:
- Level 1: Stylish Evades and Stylish Guards get sealed.
- Level 2: Jumping gets sealed.
- Level 3: Forward and backward steps get sealed.
- The Aging Gauge has three levels with specific effects:
Tips For Bro And Mammoni Style
- Weaken Your Opponent With Aging Before Taking The Offensive: Prosciutto has limited attack capabilities in Stand Mode. His three skills focus on building the Aging Gauge. Therefore, you'll get more out of his Stand earlier in battle when you can hamper your opponent. Then, you can use Pesci's attacks in User Mode while your opponent is a sitting duck!
- Pesci's Attacks Are Effective Combo Builders: Pesci's attacks have a robust control of space with plenty of room for creativity. Therefore, in between bouts of normal attack chains, you can use skills like "Fisher Man!" to keep your opponent in range or launch them into the air. These skills are even more dangerous for opponents who cannot move due to their Aging Gauge.
The Baoh-Style, short for Baoh Armed Phenomenon, is a style unique to Ikuro Hashizawa. Baoh-Style is excellent for offensive-minded players since it rewards risky gameplay with defensive power-ups. These effects can make Ikuro a formidable opponent.
- Baoh Armed Phenomenon: B.A.P. grants special effects as your health drops to certain levels. There are three levels of B.A.P.:
- Level 1: Your health gets gradually restored.
- Level 2: Increases the amount of health restored.
- Level 3: Further increases the amount of health restored.
- This is Baoh!: This unique technique adds super armor to the next skill you use for the cost of .25 H.H. Gauge bars.
- Scent Of Murder: This effect automatically activates when the opponent enters a special mode (i.e., Yukako's Love Deluxe, Giorno's Golden Wind Requiem). During the Scent Of Murder, the input window for an effective Stylish Evade extends.
Tips For Baoh Style
- "This Is Baoh!" Can Help With Risky Approaches: Let's imagine you're trying to land an attack with a slow start-up or one that's unsafe when blocked. In this case, spending a little H.H. Gauge on "This Is Baoh!" beforehand is an intelligent way to minimize risk. This way, even if you whiff an unsafe attack, the super armor will protect you from punishment.
- Learn Your Foes' Special Modes To Get The Most Out Of "Scent Of Murder": Since "Scent Of Murder" activates when your opponent enters a special mode, understanding them is just as significant as understanding your skills. All-Star Battle Mode is a fantastic way to get familiar with ASBR's roster and the various special modes you'll encounter.
Next: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R- How To Use Stand Characters